This has alcohol in it.
There I have your attention.
I'm a mom who hates back to school time. I hate that the kids can't sleep in and that I have to get them up EARLY. Plus getting myself ready. From 6:00 am-8:00 am should be considered a full time job.
I want a nap when I get to work. But my bosses(yes, bosses) tend to frown upon sleeping on the job.
I usually need a drink at the end of the day. But it doesn't work out like that. In fact, I rarely get to drink because I just want to eat dessert and go to sleep.
This leads me to my pencil shots.“I am entering Pencil Shots in the Creative Recipe Contest hosted by Confessions of a Cookbook Queen and Cookies and Cups!“) This is such a fun contest and I've been thinking about what to do. Well it's back to school time here in Arkansas so I was reminded of Kristan's Pencil Cupcakes. But it needed more. And by more I mean it needed alcohol. In a shot glass.
Now I am a horrible blogger. It's been 7 months since I last posted so there are only 2 pictures I took of the process. It's an easy process though.
Box white cake mix- along with ingredients on the box
Yellow , Red , and Blue food coloring.
1 cup butter
30oz powered sugar
1/2 cup almond liqueur
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1. Mix cake ingredients together, split evenly between 2 bowls. Add yellow food coloring to one. Then add red to the other along with just a tiny bit of blue to make it dark pink.
See this picture below. The mix is clumpy. Why? Because I need a blue mixer instead of a silver spoon.....
2. Cook according to packaged directions.
3. Beat Butter until creamy. Slowly add half of the powered sugar, salt, liqueur, and extract until blended. Then add the rest of the powered sugar and milk until blended. Add a few drops of yellow food coloring. Keep it covered.
4. Once cakes are done and cooled, crumble.
5. Put pink crumbled cake in the bottom of the shot glass, next add silver sprinkles, followed by the yellow icing and cake. Add the gold sprinkles and finish off with the jelly bean.
Now you have cake, icing, and alcohol!!!
Recipe adapted from Back to School Pencil Cupcakes from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen.